Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The MOM I want to be....

OK I promise to start posting more pictures because that's what everyone wants to see of course. Who wouldn't want to see sweet pics of MK and Ri Ri. :) Actually you haven't seen anymore recent pics because my camera broke and we are getting a new one this weekend. Any camera suggestions you would like to send my way please let me know. And no fancy schmancy cameras people. I'm a mom on the go! I need fast and good! :)

I have to tell you right now that I have never been more thankful to have been "under the weather" these past few days. OK really these past couple of months but that's another story for another time. This has been one of those times in my life where I was sort of forced to let other people help me and I want them all to know how amazing they are. So right now a shout out goes to my awesome husband, my wonderful parents cute Chet and
Karlann :), and the best set of number two parents a girl can have Marcia and Richard! I am blessed!

So with all this time I have really been digging into the adoption world (mostly these past two weeks) and friends let me tell you it is already changing my life! I have heard this and read this from numerous people and knew it would be
lifechanging but before we even have our paper work? Before we even know where we are adopting from? Wow! God is good! He works in our lives in so many wonderful ways and I can already feel my heart breaking for these children but at the same time knowing the hope God has given these children through families that don't even know them but already love them.

And all this has led me to reevaluate my mommy role. I read the most amazing devotion this morning from Crosswalk.com. If you don't get their daily e-mail newsletters, they are truly the best! You can go to Crosswalk.com and then a little ways down on the left hand side where it says E-Mail Newsletters click on More Newsletters then under Daily Devotions on the right hand side Click on Encouragement for Today: Devotionals for Women and sign up! It's FREE and comes to your e-mail every day! The Encouragement for Today is my favorite! I was crying this morning when I read the devotion about not always being the mom you want to be. God has so been speaking to me about this lately. So many times I get wrapped up comparing myself to others, feeling overwhelmed, losing my patience, and truly not enjoying being a mother, the one thing I have always wanted to be. And yes friends as many of you know it goes so fast! My Mary Kate is 51/2 and we know we are heading for a big change as she goes to school all day next year! No more being at home with mommy for even part of the day. :( I am sad and yet I feel like I have not made the most of my time with her so far. Especially consistently nurturing her heart for the years ahead as she faces all those difficult
girly things like friendships, self image, middle shcool, high school, etc. etc. etc. To all you mothers out there who are my number 2 moms I know you're smiling because it's all the same things you went through. You just want to protect your children and nurture their hearts. And I know I need to cover them more in prayer. Todd and I have been given these children here on earth to point them heavenward and that is the most important thing for us to do as parents! And I am so thankful for what God is doing in my life personally to make some needed changes as a mommy. :)

All this being said I am so encouraged by what God is doing in my heart through our adoption journey. What a wonderful thing this will be for our whole family. I have already been talking to Mary Kate about our baby and how God has him or her picked out just for us. And she has made me read the "Once Upon A Time" story 10 times already! What will this say to our children? Mary Kate will most likely remember what we went through to get her baby sister or baby brother and I'm so thankful for that! And now all Todd and I want to do is go on mission trips to help these countries in need! I'm telling you this is amazing! Thank you dear friends and family for letting me share my heart with you. Please pray for us on this journey. We are so blessed to have all of you....

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, I loved your blog today! I am sooooo very excited for you and Todd and your journey! God has a PRECIOUS little one picked out just for you and now He is preparing both parties!
    I love you guys!
    God is GOOD!
    love, joy

    ReplyDelete